PREP: 25 Mins
COOK TIME: 8 hours
1 1/2 Tbsp of olive oil; divided
1 (3lb) chuck roast
1 Medium onion, peeled and halved, cut into thick slices
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/4 cup beef broth
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp of rosemary and thyme, fresh
2.5 lbs small yukon gold pototoes left whole
5 Medium carrots; cut into 1 inch pieces
2 1/2 Tbsp cornstrach mixed with 3 Tbsp beef broth
2 Tbsp chopped parsley, fresh
1. Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil in large pot over medium high heat. Dab roast dry with paper towels, season with salt and pepper
2. Sear roast in pot until brown on both sides, approx 4-5 mins a side; Transfer to slow cooker.
3. Add remaining 1/2 Tbsp olive oil to pot. Add onions and saute 2 mins, add garlic and saute for 30 seconds or longer. Pour onion mixture over roast in slow cooker.
4. Return pot to heat, pour in beef broth, Worcestershire, thyme and rosemary and cook about 15 seconds, just long enough to scrape up brown bits from bottom of pot. Remove from heat.
5. Layer potatoes and carrots over onion layer in slow cooker, pour beef broth evenly over top and seaon with salt and pepper.
6. Cover slow cooker and cook on low heat until roast and veggies are tender, 8-9 hours.
Plate roast and veggies, cut potatoes if desired, pour gravy over top and sprinkle parsley.